Online Ballot is the election process most commonly used for electing
for positions of authority or for gathering opinion on highly
The online ballot compliments the Physical Poll,
and helps voters who cannot vote physically to exercise their
right to vote.
There are two types of online ballot:
1. Election type 1: Here election commissioner can conduct the online ballot for multiple post with multiple nominees.
2. Election type 2: In this section, the election commissioner can conduct the online ballot for a single post with multiple nominees.
Please find below the workflow of online Election through Online Ballot:
1. Admin(Election Commissioner) will create an Online ballot for EC or MC election.
Here admin will set the Name of Ballot, Post and Nominees, Participants, Votes per flat, Ballot start, and closing date.
And then click on "Create Ballot" to create the ballot.
Once the ballot is created the Status will show as " Ballot is Not Live Right Now!", click on the option "Publish Ballot" to publish the poll, and then click on save.
2. As per the start date, the Ballot will be open for voting on My ADDA. Users can start voting for the election.
Ballot is Published and is Live!
3. As per the closing date, the Ballot will close and will no more be available for users voting.
Ballot is Not Live Right Now!
4. Now Election officer needs to Close the ballot manually by selecting the option "Close Ballot" and then save it from the Online Ballot module.
5. Results will be visible only to Election Commissioner. And will NOT be mailed to any other member to retain confidentiality.
6. Now the Election Commissioner can print the voting result report by clicking on the hyperlinks mentioned under the report section.
In case of need to store/share the soft copy of the report with other members/users, then at the time of printing can be saved as a pdf file.
The attendance report is also available to manage the Ballot Online & Offline. This report will shows which flat has voted. The report can be printed to ensure that there is no overlap with the physical poll.